Saturday, January 30, 2010

Social Media - Beneficial or Time Consumer?

Sorry about not posting yesterday. I was in the midst of trying to clean the house in preparation for a Silpada Jewelry party I was having. Great product, by the way. You should probably check it out.

I hear so much about social media these days. How it can improve your presence online, how it can be beneficial to you business wise, or for whatever reason. I'm beginning to wonder if it really does and if s, hoow long it'll take for those benefits to be real? Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm open to any information you can provide.

Did I mention that I was a Mary Kay consultant? Working from home is one concept that is most amazing! I can work in my PJ's (which I do often!), I don't have to worry about co-workers, I can take a long lunch, I make my own hours... you get the idea, right? For some, a home-based business is a hobby; something to do in addition to a 40 hour work week. Some turn a home business into a multi-million dollar job! Yes, there are millionaires in the Mary Kay world! It kind of baffles me to think about it, but then again, like any business, if you set your mind to it, you can do BIG things. I would like to do that with my Mary Kay business; make enough money to send Jen to Princeton, or pay off the student loans the twins have. That's my goal and I think it's an attainable one. It'll take lots of hard work and effort.  All I need now is the patience. In time, I'll realize whether the social media presence really is a good thing and is helpful. I'll also know that if I don't make the millions like some have, I've taught the basics of skincare and given great advice on applying color to enhance the Artist's canvas.

I'll leave you with this last thought:

“A good plan violently executed today is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow.” —Gen. George S. Patton


Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment