Thursday, June 3, 2010

Work from home?

There's been a lot of blogging and posting about home-based businesses. Not about the businesses themselves, but the idea of working from home, something I'm all about!
I have had the privilege of being a stay-at-home mom ever since my girls were born. I chose to work a couple of part-time jobs, but I always felt like the job was stealing precious time away from my family.
After the girls were in school full-time, I went to a Pampered Chef party and before I knew it, I was signed on as a consultant. I did home cooking shows and had a blast doing it! I set the days I wanted to work and chose how many hours I would be gone for each show. I was in control of my job instead of someone scheduling me to work when THEY wanted me to. I owned my own business and worked it as often or as little as I wanted. I earned enough from the kitchen shows to pay for my daughter's braces!
I have since become a Mary Kay consultant and am loving it just as much, if not more than, Pampered Chef! I give complimentary facials in my home, so there's no going out in the snow or rain or heat or cold. I have product on my shelves, so when a client makes a purchase I'm able to fill that order right away. I, again, choose the days and the times, I work.
If you're out of a job or are needing some extra money to pay some bills, I highly recommend looking into a home-based business. Google "home-based businesses" and you'll receive a plethora of listings. Choose one you would enjoy doing. There's jewelry ones, kitchen gadgets, skin care, wine, the list goes on and on.
Owning a business where I'm the boss and where I can work as much or as little as I want, has benefited me greatly for many years. Check into it. Glean as much information as you can about several different companies and see which one suites you personally. What can it hurt?
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment